Getman tow tractors are designed to move supplies around underground coal mines safely and efficiently, ensuring materials arrive where they are needed and when they are needed. The diesel engine package eliminates the issue of intermittent power problems associated with battery operation, and all engines are MSHA certified for outby operation. Getman tow tractors are purpose-built underground machines and can haul multiple trailers using either a pintle hitch, Willison coupler or a 5th wheel coupler.
Getman’s LRD224 Tow Tractor is a lower profile machine designed for operating heights as low as 55 inches, supply up to 21,000 lb of tractive effort and are available with a hydraulic PTO to power auxiliary equipment. Multiple tire sizes allow for different mining heights, while multiple cabin options are available depending on heat and noise levels in the working area. All Getman underground coal equipment is available with a variety of DPF and exhaust treatment options ensuring local requirements are satisfied.
LRD tow tractors protect worker safety through features such as available cameras for better site lines as well as fully certified fire suppression systems. The MSHA certified operator compartment protects workers from rock fall situations when operating underground.
Tow Tractor Setup
- Trailer brake package
- Optional item on front frame
- Willison coupler
- Bolt-on 90,000 lb pintle hook
- Choice of Flatdeck or Fifth Wheel rear frame configuration
- 8 ft flatdeck with built-in counter weight
- Two passenger seats in rear frame
- Willison coupler on rear frame
Fifth Wheel Configuration
- Fifth wheel hitch, 44 in above ground with 50,000 lb vertical and 150,000 lb pulling rating
- Optional item on rear frame
- Pintle hitch
- Pocket for Willison coupler
- Manual Willison coupler
- Service Lube/Fuel
- Service Mechanics
- Personnel Carrier